In 2016-2017, I work as an online course instructor, environmental education researcher, and textbook editor with the Cornell University Civic Ecology Lab (EECapacity project sponsored by the US EPA). I’ve edited and co-author chapters in an international textbook “Urban Environmental Education Review” for university students and current environmental educators. The book has been published by the Cornell University Press in spring 2017. We have used this book in our online course “Urban Environmental Education”; here is the course report: PDF file.
(My pen name Alex Russ is used in recent publications.)
- Russ, A., and Krasny, M. (Eds.) (2017). Urban environmental education review. Ithaca, New York: Cornell University Press. http://cornellpress.cornell.edu/book/?GCOI=80140100988800
- Russ, A. and Krasny, M.E. (Eds.) (2016). Essays in urban environmental education. Ithaca, NY and Washington, DC: Cornell University Civic Ecology Lab and NAAEE. Download PDF
- Russ, A. (2016). Urban environmental education narratives. Washington, DC and Ithaca, NY: NAAEE and Cornell University. (ISBN: 978-0-692-60002-3) https://naaee.org/eepro/resources/urban-environmental-education-narratives
- 王四海, 郭方斌, Alex Russ, 程希平, 吴 超. (2016). 美国露营活动流行原因分析及对我国的启示. 世界地理研究, 25(1): 115-124. [Wang, S., Guo, F., Russ, A., Cheng, X., Wu, C. (2016). Camping in the U.S.: Inspiration for China. World Regional Studies, 25(1): 115-124.] doi: 10.3969/j.issn.1004-9479.2016.01.013 PDF
- Russ, A., Peters, S.J., Krasny, M.E., and Stedman, R.C. (2015). Development of ecological place meaning in New York City. Journal of Environmental Education, 46(2), 73–93. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00958964.2014.999743
- Russ, A. (Ed.). (2015). Urban environmental education. Ithaca, NY and Washington, DC: Cornell University Civic Ecology Lab, NAAEE, and EECapacity. (ISBN 978-0-692-34957-1) https://naaee.org/eepro/resources/urban-environmental-education
- Kudryavtsev, A., Krasny, M., and Stedman, R. (2012). The impact of environmental education on sense of place among urban youth. Ecosphere, 3(4):29. http://dx.doi.org/10.1890/ES11-00318.1
- Kudryavtsev, A., Stedman, R., and Krasny, M. (2011). Sense of place in environmental education. Environmental education research, 18(2), 229–250. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/13504622.2011.609615
- Russ, A., Li, Y., Krasny, M. (2017). Urban Environmental Education: Online Course Report. Ithaca, NY: Cornell University Civic Ecology Lab.
- Russ A., Mikhailova M., Kobzar O., Adam A. (2017). The system of lifelong environmental education in Tomsk, Russia. Washington, DC: Global Environmental Education Partnership.
Environmental education research, urban environmental education, environmental psychology, online course development and teaching, and educator professional development.
Places Traveled (see selected photos):
- 7 continents (visited all continents): Africa, Antarctica, Asia, Australia, Europe, North America, and South America.
- 33 countries (blue shade on the map): Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Czech Republic, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Morocco, Netherlands, Paraguay, Peru, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Vatican.
- 50 US states (visited all states).